I’ve lived in Hawaii since I was 3-years old and have been surfing on the North Shore of Oahu for over 25-years. After a while the lifestyle shapes you. Below is my top ten list of things to do to become a real surfer girl.
1. Surf everyday you can/Learn to surf/Take a surfing lesson
2. Protect your skin from the sun
3. Wear sunglasses every time you go outside
4. Join the Surfrider Foundation
5. Listen to Jack Johnson songs
6. Move to a place with warm water & waves
7. Practice yoga
8. Vote – and fight to make the world a better place
9. Take an advanced lifesaving class
10. Drink a lot of water everyday
Please feel free to comment and add to this list….