I never really wanted to work anyway. So when I got an email from the state saying that they had suspended my surf school license indefinitely, It felt like a mixed blessing. I should start by saying being a surf instructor never felt like working anyway. I get to go into the ocean every day, still people out by sharing the magic of surfing with them. The only downside is that I wasn’t free surfing enough. Free surfing is when you surf for yourself; for me, it also means not getting paid to surf. Going back to the title of this article, “I never really wanted a job anyway.” And now I when I wake up in the morning, I take my time getting out of bed, Check surf line from my cell phone, call up my best friend, Jenn Marr, To say if she’s up for a morning session. Either way, I still have to decide which bikini I’m going to wear under my sun protection gear. If I’m lucky, my man will make me a fresh cup of coffee; sometimes, I have to make my own or go to the Coffee Gallery. I fill up my Hydro flask water bottles with hot water to rinse off with after my session. Then I’ll head over to Jenn’s to grab her and drive to the other side of the North Shore to our favorite not to be named surf spot. It’s a fast drive to because with COVID – 19; there is no traffic on the North Shore. You can get from one end to the other in 15 minutes. Not having a job is stressful when you look at the long term financial picture, but it is excellent in the short run. It feels like I’m on holiday. Don’t have to answer the cell phone, don’t have to answer any email messages, don’t have to do anything except surf, surf, and more surf.
I Never Really Wanted a Job Anyway.
- Best Surf Lessons On Oahu
- Red Bull Queen of the Bay 2020 Announces Event Cancellation
- Equality in Professional Surfing – Will Women Get Back Their Triple Crown of Surfing on The North Shore?
- Falling in Love with Surfing Again
- Best Shave Ice on the North Shore of Oahu After a Surf Lesson
- Mother Earth is Winning and I Want to Be on Her Team
- Day 39ish of Hawaii COVID-19 Surf Sessions.
- How to Train for Surfing
- I Never Really Wanted a Job Anyway.
- September 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- June 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- May 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- May 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- September 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
North Shore Surfer Jeff Johnson is Surfing in HeavenAugust 21st, 2009
It’s Been an Amazing Ride Living on the North Shore of Oahu!January 3rd, 2015
Best Surf Lessons On OahuSeptember 6th, 2020
Red Bull Queen of the Bay 2020 Announces Event CancellationSeptember 2nd, 2020
Falling in Love with Surfing AgainMay 19th, 2020
Mother Earth is Winning and I Want to Be on Her TeamMay 6th, 2020
Day 39ish of Hawaii COVID-19 Surf Sessions.April 29th, 2020
How to Train for SurfingApril 27th, 2020
I Never Really Wanted a Job Anyway.April 18th, 2020
Life on the North Shore of Oahu During the Corona Virus PandemicApril 11th, 2020
How to check the surf in HawaiiDecember 12th, 2018
How to catch a wave on a surfboardDecember 10th, 2018
Summer Surf Camps for ChildrenNovember 24th, 2018
Puaena Point is the Best Place on Oahu to Learn to SurfNovember 23rd, 2018
Best Oahu Surf Lessons for BeginnersNovember 10th, 2018
Where are the Surfing Competitions on OahuNovember 10th, 2018
Surf SchoolJune 21st, 2018
Top 5 Things to do on the North ShoreJune 17th, 2018
- 10 Reason Learning to Surf on The North Shore is Better then Learning to Surf In Waikiki
- About Waimea
- Another Beautiful Day on the North Shore of Oahu
- Best Places to Eat Shave Ice on the North Shore After a Surfing Lesson
- Biggest Surf in 10 years on the North Shore
- Children's Surfing Lessons on the North Shore of Oahu
- Congratulations to the Winners of the Women's Pipeline Pro – 2013
- Environmental Concerns
- First Surf of the Season on the North Shore
- First Time Visitors to the North Shore Should Always Swim and Beaches Guarded By Lifeguards and Always Take a Surfing Lesson before Trying to Surf
- Gerry Lopez and Rory Russel Surfing in the 1970's in Bali
- Happy New Year!
- Happy Vanentine's Day!
- Hawaiian Surfers are Happiest!
- How Imprtant Is It To Be A Good Swimmer When Learning To Surf?
- How Many Surfing Lessons Does It Take To Learn How To Surf?
- How To Be A Jr. Lifeguard on the North Shore of Oahu
- How to be a Real Surfer Girl
- How To Be Kind to Our Reefs on the North Shore of Oahu When Surfing or Swiming
- How To Do Things Related to Surfing
- How To Tan and Not Damage Your Skin While Surfing on the North Shore.
- International Surfing Day
- Jimmy Blears 1948 — 2011
- Keep the Country Country
- Keeping our Beaches Clean on the North Shore of Oahu For Surfers
- Learn to Surf in Waikiki or Not!
- Learning to Surf in Hawaii on the North Shore of Oahu
- Learning to Surf on the North Shore is Very Safe Even in the Winter Months
- Life on the North Shore is as close to perfect as it gets!
- Menehune Children's Surfing Contest
- More Things the North Shore Surf Girls Love About Surfing and Living on the North Shore of Oahu
- North Shore Beach Clean Up Sponsored By Jack Johnson's Kokua Foundation
- North Shore Lifeguards
- North Shore Shave Ice Shop Aoki's To Stop Serving Shave Ice to Surfers in Order to Make Way for "Progress"
- North Shore Soap Factory Pipeline Women's Pro Surfing Contest Winners
- North Shore Sunrise Shells in the Surf
- North Shore Sunsets are Best in November
- North Shore Surf & Beach Report – Mid June – 2010
- North Shore Surf Girls Welcomes Janna Bills to the Team
- North Shore Surf Girls Welcomes Ms. Beccy Cravins
- North Shore Surf Scene Secretes
- North Shore Surfer and Muscian Jack Johnson's New Album To The Sea
- North Shore Surfer Girl Coco Ho Wins WQS
- North Shore Surfer Girls are Ruling Chun's Reef!
- North Shore Surfer Jeff Johnson passed away on August 17th
- North Shore Surfer Marvin Foster is Surfing Perfect Pipeline in Heaven
- North Shore Surfer Musician Jack Johnson Releases New single – I Got You
- North Shore’s Top 5 Surfer Girl Hair
- Oahu & North Shore Surf Live Saving Jr. Lifeguard Program
- Pipeline Surfing Going Off on the North Shore of Oahu – W/ Only 150 Surfers Out
- President Obama's Daughters Malia and Sasha Learn to Surf
- Six-year old North Shore Surfer Girl SUP Lesson
- Spring Brings the Best Time to Learn to Surf on the North Shore
- Summer Surfing Lessons on the North Shore
- Summer Surfing on the North Shore is Slipping Away
- Surf Happenings
- Surfer Girl Hair and Skin Care is Simple and Effective with Coconut Oil
- Surfer Girl Hair Care
- Surfer Magazine names Haleiwa Town on North Shore as Number 2 Surfing Town in Nation
- Surfing in Waikiki Going off!
- Surfing Legend Andy Irons Dies
- Surfing Lesson in Hawaii are Best on the North Shore of Oahu
- Surfing Lessons & Other Things to do in the Summer on the North Shore of Oahu
- Surfing Lessons and Protecting Your Skin
- Surfing Pipeline on the North Shore of Oahu – Why Does Anyone Ever Stop?
- Swimmers and All Beach Goers
- The Only Women's Surfing and Bodyboarding Contest held at the Pipeline on the North Shore of Oahu
- Things The North Shore Surf Girls Love the Most About Teaching People How to Surf
- Thoughts on Surfing
- Tidal 9 Women's Pipeline Pro
- Top 10 Free Things to Do on the North Shore other then Surfing
- Top 3 Summer Surfing Spots on the North Shore
- Trade Wind Swept Surf On the North Shore
- Turtles on the North Shore of Oahu in the Surf and on the Beaches
- Video of Carol Philips Bodyboarding
- We Won! We Won! Turtle Bay Development on the North Shore of Oahu Stopped by Order of the State of Hawaii Supreme Court!
- What Does Keep the Country Country Mean?
- What is the Best Time of Day to Take a Surfing Lesson in Hawaii on the North Shore of Oahu?
- Where I Live There are Rainbows
- Where the Sun is Lives
- Why is Surfing So Addicting?
- Why Teaching Surfing on the North Shore of Oahu is the Best Job in the World!
- Will Women Surfers Ever Acheive Equality?
- Winter Surfing Lessons on the North Shore is Here!